At a working distance greater than a few millimetres, no optic will match the resolving power and magnification of Questar's Long Distance Microscopes. Questar is the pioneer of long distance microscopy and stand-alone, non-contact optical measurement systems. In the past ten years, Questar's microscopes and measurement systems have received two "IR 100" awards and a Photonics "Circle of Excellence" award.
Questar's microscopes are manufactured with hand-figured, matched optics, using the same care that are put into the space-qualified telescopes.
Although each instrument differs in working distance, magnification, resolution and depth of field, features common to all models include:
• Two selectable ports allow the simultaneous mounting of two detectors, or an eyepiece and camera.
• The close working instruments have an integrated beamsplitter which allows for coaxial illumination. No external parts move when focusing.
• Each is equipped with eyepiece and C-mount, and compatible with 35 mm SLR's.
• All are compatible with Questar's mounting accessories.
• All are supplied with supplemental optics which give an 8 to 1 variation in field of view and depth of field at a fixed working distance.
• All are available in a motorised, microprocessor controlled, variable magnification version.